To promote health literacy researches and practices globally and encourage health literacy researches and programs in less developed or developing countries and communities, an international health literacy award for those with the best researches and practices outcomes, with at least one published scientific manuscript accepted in an international reviewers’ based journals.
The Awards are named after the past Madame Yugong Hsu, who had supported health literacy in her life and between her friends and families. She also had participated twice AHLA Conference in Taipei in 2013 and New Taipei City in 2014 and supported significantly.
Each year, one award recipient will be honored for one individual or institution who will participate in the AHLA Conference from inside Asia, and one individual or institution from outside of Asia. Both will be accompanied with one Award Certificate. The awards will be presented to the recipients in the AHLA Conference. The recipients or one representative of the awardee institutions will be waived for registration fees of the AHLA Conference in that year.
How to apply
One individual or individuals or an institution can nominate or be nominated for this Award 60 days before the AHLA Conference. An Award Committee will be developed and decide the winners of both awards 3 weeks before the Conference, and a committee will be established by inviting international scholars.
The documents of application including :
(1) basic and professional information and biography
(2) electronic file of passport(s) or licence(s) or certificate(s) of the institution(s) showing permanent residence or citizenship
(3) one best published manuscript within 2 years of the incoming Conference
(4) proof(s) of accepted abstract in the coming AHLA Conference
(5) others which will facilitate the decision on the award(s).
Deadline of Application for 2019: 30/9/2019